Saturday, November 28, 2009

Visit Home

Well I made the 9.5 hour trek to Toledo, Ohio the great city of my birth, to see my mom, trade cars and pick up some of my things that I couldn't take out to Vermont on the move in August. You see I have been driving this amazingly nice 2007 Saturn Vue...
So I had to return the nice SUV for my little 2003 Chrysler Sebring...
The trip was super boring and there was a ton of traffic. Because my birthday was on Tuesday and I didn't get to celebrate it with my family I got presents on Thanksgiving and over the next couple days from my family.

Thanksgiving dinner was super tasty, and I contributed potato salad to the meal. My mom did an amazing job with the turkey and all the fixings. Of course because I come from a family of cooks they made fun of how "crunchy" my potatoes were in my salad, but everyone said that the flavor of it was great. After dinner we settled in the front room of my grandma's house and enjoyed each other's company.

The next day was Black Friday and of course in my family it is a tradition for myself and my aunt DeMeeta and whoever else to come along for the excursion, this year because my aunt remained in Atlanta I was left to fend for myself with all the crazy people. I met 2 nice ladies in the line at Target...I was up and in line by 4:30. Yes I said 4:30...and made it in and out of there by 5:30, I was truly on a mission. I decided to run to Walmart before returning to bed. I made it in the store for 10 minutes and had a lady block my way because she didn't want to let anyone else through. So I decided that instead of fighting all the crazy people to go home and return later.

The highlight of my trip was spending the day with my mom at my favorite store, that I've never been too, IKEA. It was like an out of body experience for me. Many square feet of everything that I could possibly want...Instead of getting all the things that I wanted I had to settle for curtains, wine glasses, measuring cups, drawer organizers and amazing cinnamon buns. I will definitely be making a trip to the store again in the near future to purchase the bedroom set that I want...

I will be returning to Vermont tomorrow to return to work and unpack all my goodies that I am bringing back with me...




No comments:

Post a Comment